With many years of professional experience, Martin offers a comprehensive violin workshop repair & maintenance service to violins, violas, cellos and double bass.
Catering for professional players, students and beginners as well as working closely with reputable dealers within the trade.
- High quality repairs and restoration work undertaken to all string quartet instruments including double bass.
- All repairs from simple re-touching to major restoration is carried out by Martin on the premises and always to the highest standard.
- Finger board shooting & dressing, neck re-setting, sound post fitting, professional quality hand cut bridges fitted.
- Traditional restoration techniques, seeking always to preserve as much of the original as possible.
- Only the best quality materials used.
- Soundpost & tonal adjustments.
- A full cost estimate of possible repair that may be required is provided to clients before any work is started.
- Emergency repairs out of hours available.
Martin has a sales room with violins, violin outfits, violas, and cellos for sale including violin bows, viola and cello bows and accessories.
You will find prices are often lower than that of the large high street violin shops having prices that usually reflect their large running costs. This is of particular benefit to students and conservatory level players whom are often on a budget.
Customers can be confident in knowing that any instruments left for repair or available for sale are set up only by Martin, to the highest standard.
Violins for Beginners & Students
Beginners & advancing students are also catered for at Martin’s Violins, with Violin Outfits starting from £99 and ranging up to £1800. Antique instruments personally selected from £2,000.
Every instrument is professionally and personally set up to the highest standards by Martin within the workshop.
- A selection of quality antique French & German bows.
- Contemporary English made bows.
- CASES, STRINGS & ACCESSORIES.
- Wittner Fine tune pegs fitted.